That parent, carers and young people (YP), schools and the Local Authority may access our service as a key source of impartial information on SEN and Disability law.
• We will provide impartial information, support and training to explain policy and legislation.
• Our leaflets, website and publicity materials will provide accurate, neutral and impartial information in plain English and community languages.
• We will endeavour to advertise our service and its nature as widely as possible.
• When working with parents, YP or professionals we will inform them of the impartial nature of our service.
• Whether working with parents, YP, or professionals will consider factors that may be affecting their response and we may offer a constrictive challenge to inaccurate perceptions.
• We are aware that our own personal factors may have an impact on our impartiality and we will use training and supervision to monitor standards and encourage reflective practice.
• We will support parents and YP to prepare and present their own views but will not advocate on their behalf so as to promote or defend any particular point of view.
• We will provide information and support for parents and YP in challenging schools and LA SEND policy and practice when it is outside current legislation or guidance.
• If a parent, YP or professional is unhappy with any aspect of our service, including our impartiality, they may complain through our complaint procedures.
• All staff who work for Hillingdon SENDIASS will follow the guidance in the Impartiality Policy. This will be part of training and will be monitored through supervision.
• All of our staff, volunteers and members of the Reference Group will be introduced to the Impartiality Policy through induction and training.
• The central office is located in the Civic Centre, Uxbridge but not with the SEND Team. We use working practices to ensure that SENDIASS work is not seen or overheard by other departments.
• We will use drop-in surgery facilities around the borough to provide independent access for parents.
• The Impartiality Policy will be monitored and reviewed annually.
• Our policies are published on our website and will be kept up to date
While every care has been taken in the compilation of the information on this website, neither Hillingdon Council or PCG Care Solutions will be held responsible for any loss, damage or inconvenience caused as a result of using the site and any inaccuracies/errors within these pages.